Tzatziki is a Greek yogurt-based dip served with pita chips or lavash. It is a chilled dip that goes perfect as an appetizer for any party. This cool and creamy dip with cucumbers and dill is a very hit and popular dip at my house.
2s cups plain hung yogurt
1 cucumber peeled and grated (about 1 cup)
2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
2 tsp minced garlic (optional)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp olive oil
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp fresh grounded pepper
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
½ cup sour cream
- Drain the excess liquid from the containers of yogurt and measure the yogurt into a medium bowl.
- Gather the grated cucumber in your hands and squeeze out as much as you can until it is dry. It will shrink to a very small ball.
- Pull apart the shreds and add to the yogurt.
- Stir in the vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt, black pepper, and lemon juice and combine well.
- Stir in the sour cream.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for a few hours so the flavors blend.
- Serve with crispy pita chips or potato wafers.