This is a welcoming tropical summer pudding made from dragon fruits and coconut milk. I love dragon fruits as it has lovely fresh flavors and a beautiful color. It has mild flavors unlike the name and the black seeds give the crunch to the dessert. It is so simple and can be made in a jiffy.
This is so refreshing and insanely easy one. I am totally intrigued by this recipe as it is so perfect for fast approaching summers. It’s light… delectable and melt in your mouth dessert.
Dragon fruits are found in abundance in tropical and subtropical regions in South America and Asia. It does contain some pretty magical benefits that can make you feel like a beautiful princess or a knight in shining armor. Also known as Pitaya, these fun-looking fruits contain around 60 calories each and are rich in vitamin C, B1, B2 and B3, and minerals such as iron, calcium, and phosphorus. And that’s not all. This is definitely one of the best “super fruits” out there. So try to include this in your diet. Make this simple pudding and you are sorted for a quick dessert.
This recipe has been inspired from on of my favorite website
I have made some changes as always and come up with fairly simple dessert. In short I have avoided Rambutan’s from the original recipe.
1 sachet- Vegetarian gelatin
2 piece-dragon fruits
1 can -lite coconut milk
1) Add the water to a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin on top. Leave aside to allow the gelatin to bloom for at least 5 minutes. The gelatin will absorb the liquid and look like swollen translucent granules.
2) Add the sugar and coconut milk to a thick-bottomed saucepan and bring it to a gentle simmer on a medium-low flame.
3) Scoop the dragon fruit pulp into a bowl. Smash the pulp with the help of a fork.
4) Add the dragon fruit to the coconut milk in the saucepan.
5) Stir in the gelatin and mix for about 1 minute. Pour and evenly divide the liquid into serving glasses and refrigerate until the pudding is soft but firm to touch. This will take at least 4 hours. Serve chilled directly in serving bowls or glasses.