Spinach and paneer makes a great combination of iron and calcium. Stuffed parathas packed with curds make a simple and a wholesome lunch. Spinach is a rich source of iron and cottage cheese is rich in calcium and protein. Together they make a super duper healty meal in itself. Pack this for your kids lunch or pack it for your hubby’s office lunch. They taste so yummy and pairs well with raita, dal makhani and salad.
Ingredients for the stuffing-
½ cup grated paneer
1 tbsp finely chopped capsicum
1 tbsp finely chopped onion
½ tsp ginger-green chili paste
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
Salt as per taste
For the dough-
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tbsp spinach puree
1 tsp oil
Salt to taste
Whole wheat flour for rolling
4 tsp ghee for cooking
For the dough-
- Combine the wheat flour, spinach puree, 1 tsp of oil and salt in a bowl and knead into soft smooth dough using enough water.
- Cover with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for a while.
- Knead again using the remaining ¼ tsp of oil till smooth and elastic. Keep aside.
How to proceed-
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll out a portion of the dough into a 175 mm. diameter circle using little flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of the stuffing in the center and fold the edges to make an envelope to cover the stuffing.
- Cook the paratha on a non-stick tava (griddle) with the open edges at the bottom using 1 tsp of ghee till it turns golden brown in color from both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 3 more parathas.
Enjoy your parathas with chilled boondi raita and sliced or chopped salads.