Green apple, barley and spinach salad with crunchy and nutty pecan nuts and sweet and sour cranberries is a power packed salad with a colorful testament and is delicious in taste. It is the wildest and unusual experiment of ingredients.
250 grams- medium and firm green apples
100 grams- boiled barley grains
50 grams- washed and chopped spinach leaves
50-70 grams- roughly chopped pecan nuts
20-30 grams- dry cranberries
50 grams – mix of fresh basil and parsley leaves
Salt as per taste
For the salad dressing-
30 grams- minced garlic
5 ml- Apple cider vinegar
freshly ground pepper powder as per taste
15 ml- Olive oil
20 grams- Mixed Italian herbs
1) Take a cold salad plate and arrange spinach leaves on it.
2) Chop green apple in slices and arrange them in a circle on spinach leaves.
3) Throw in some pecan nuts,cranberries and fresh parsley and basil leaves.
4) At this point add boiled barley grains and keep the salad plate aside for a while.
5) Meanwhile whisk all the ingredients mentioned in the dressing in a bowl and just pour over the salad platter.
6) Chill the salad for 30 minutes and relish it cold …I swear all the flavors will just burst in your mouth.