Palak Pooris or Spinach Puris are puffed Indian bread made with wheat flour and spinach puree. They are delicious and easy to prepare. They are an absolute versatile Indian bread that pairs well with all kinds of curries. Though it is mainly served with Potato or Aloo sabzi, dry or with gravy.
Here in this recipe, I have added spinach puree in it to give it a twist and make it more healthy and nutritious. It is loved by kids and makes an ideal option for kids’ lunch boxes. Serve this Spinach pooris with curd or pickle in your kid’s lunch box and they will happily eat it without any frown. I make this often as my kids love it and it is the best way to include greens in your kids’ diet.
Spinach puris can also be served for breakfast and lunch along with the Aloo ki sabzi.
Recipe of Palak pooris / Spinach puris
2 cups Whole wheat flour
2 cups Spinach puree
2 tsp Ghee
Salt as per taste
2 tbsp Oil for frying
HOW TO KNEAD THE DOUGH:-
1. Take 2 cups of wheat flour in a broad vessel.
2. Add spinach puree, salt, ghee and knead the dough.
3. Keep kneading for 2 minutes till all the spinach puree is mixed well in the dough.
4. The dough has to medium, not too soft nor too hard.
HOW TO ROLL PURIS:-
1. Let the spinach puree dough rest for 10 minutes before rolling them.
2. Take a small portion of dough and make a small ball. similar balls of dough and keep it aside.
3. Now roll the puris, not too thin nor too fat.
4. Roll all the puris and keep it aside in a broad plate.
5. Serve it hot with pickle, curd, or sabzi.
HOW TO FRY:-
1. Heat oil in a broad pan.
2. To check if the oil is hot, pour a small dough in the oil, if it comes upwards the oil is hot enough to fry the puris.
3. If the dough sits downwards wait for a minute till the oil is hot enough.
4. Now put 2 puris in the hot oil and fry the spinach puris on high flame till they are crisp and golden brown.
5. Fry the whole batch of puris and remove it on a kitchen napkin to remove any excess oil if any.