Strawberry Lassi or Strawberry Yogurt Drink is a refreshing and cooling drink. It is made with fresh or frozen strawberries, chilled yogurt or curd, and sugar. Lassi is mainly a sweet yogurt drink that is a very famous summer drink in India. However, lassi is consumed throughout the year, but it benefits best in the summer as it is a very soothing drink.
There are many variations made to this simple and humble yogurt drink. One can have it plain sweet lassi or add seasonal fruits or dry fruits to the lassi to make it a decadent one. Since strawberry season is on and they are easily available, try this Strawberry Lassi if you haven’t tried it yet. It tastes sweet and it is best relished after a scrumptious lunch.
Check the step-by-step pictures below to make this at home.
Also, Valentine’s day is just around the corner and if you are looking for some easy and quick recipes, do check these,
Strawberry Oats Crumble Galette
Chocolate Pancakes with Strawberries
Strawberry Ice Cream
Strawberry Basil Frozen Yogurt
If you like strawberries, do try these recipes at home:
Strawberry Oats Smoothie bowl
Dates cake with chocolate and strawberry
- 1 cup Chilled Yogurt
- ¾ cup Strawberry Puree
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2-3 Ice Cubes
- Firstly, take fresh or frozen strawberries and make a puree in a blender.
- Now add Yogurt strawberry puree, sugar, and ice cubes in a blender.
- Blend all the ingredients for 30seconds till yogurt is blended well with strawberry puree and sugar.
- Pour it in a glass, garnish with fresh strawberries, and serve it immediately.
Ingredients used to make Strawberry Lassi
1 cup Chilled Yogurt, 3/4 cup Strawberry Puree, 2 tbsp Sugar, 2-3 Ice Cubes
Step-by-Step Recipe of Strawberry Lassi
1. Firstly, take fresh or frozen strawberries and make a puree in a blender.
2. Now add Yogurt strawberry puree, sugar, and ice cubes in a blender.
3. Blend all the ingredients for 30seconds till yogurt is blended well with strawberry puree and sugar.
4. Pour it in a glass, garnish with fresh strawberries, and serve it immediately.
- Firstly, you can use frozen strawberries too in this recipe.
- If you are using frozen strawberries and chilled yogurt you can avoid ice cubes in the recipe.
- Use fresh curd for strawberry lassi.
- Adjust sugar as per your taste, if strawberries are nice and sweet, add less sugar.
- Instead of sugar, you can also add honey.
- For making this vegan, you can use coconut yogurt.
- Lastly, serve this lassi fresh and immediately after blended for best taste.
Finally, do check out these yogurt beverages,
Masala Chaas / Spiced Buttermilk
Mango Lassi Parfait