These Mini Mocha Cake | Mocha Bites are the easiest and quickest version of the mini cake. When chocolate and coffee are put together you ought to fall in love with it. Bourbon biscuits add a perfect taste to it. They taste so decadent when mixed together.
And what if I tell you these Mini Mocha Cakes | Mocha Bites are the simplest version of the cake, rather a cheat cake wherein you have to put in the least effort? Yes, you heard that right. I was not in a mood to bake a cake, but my folks were craving some desserts. during this lockdown phase, I am very much skeptical to order cakes or food from outside. So I knew the fact that I had to whip it up to something quick that ought to be delicious as well. I had a few biscuits in my pantry and with these biscuit cakes picking up the trend on social media, I knew I wanna try my hands on this idea.
Finally, I picked up a few biscuits from my kitchen shelf and figured out that a combination of chocolate and coffee would be great. So these mini Mocha Cakes turned out to be so good and moist that we did not miss the bakery goodies. This recipe is already a hit at my place.
Why try this Mini Mocha Cakes Recipe
- This recipe requires only 3 main ingredients
- It is a hassle-free recipe
- Easy to bake at home
- Cost-effective as well as not fancy or expensive ingredients are required
Variations in this recipe
- You can use any chocolate biscuits like Oreo in this recipe instead of bourbon.
- Don’t skip the mocha biscuits as that’s the main flavor.
- However, If you like it more bitter, you can also add 1 tsp coffee powder in this recipe.
- Moreover, if you want to make a Chocolate cake, use the same recipe by switching mocha biscuits to chocolate biscuits.
- You can also add powdered sugar if you have a sweet tooth.
Step-By-Step Recipe of Mocha Cake | Mocha Bites
2 packets of Hide and Seek Mocha Biscuits (approximately 35 biscuits)
1 packet Bourbon biscuits (approximately 6 biscuits)
1 1/2 Cup of milk
1/2 tsp baking powder
For the melted chocolate layer:
50 grams of milk and dark chocolate compound
1. Firstly, preheat the oven for 15 minutes at 180 C.
2. Now arrange all the ingredients for Mocha Cake and keep them ready.
3. Crush the biscuits and grind it in a grinder till it’s a fine powder.
4. Add milk and whisk it nicely till there are no lumps.
5. Now add baking powder and give it a quick stir.
6. Grease the cake mould with little butter and pour the cake mix as shown in the picture below.
7. Bake it for 20-25 minutes till the toothpick comes out clean.
For the chocolate layer:
1. Finally, melt some milk and dark chocolate compound as per the double boiler method.
2. Nicely drizzle a spoonful of melted chocolate and some crushed biscuits on mocha cakes and let it cool down for 30 minutes before eating.
Check Step-By-Step pictures of Mini Mocha Cakes below
Chocolate and Coffee.
Tips for making this recipe
- Always use good quality biscuits for the best results.
- Also, check the manufacturing date of baking powder, it should not be very old.
- Use the best quality chocolate compounds.
- Mainly preheat the oven before you start with your preparations.
- After removing the cake from the oven, let it cool down for 10 minutes.
- 2 packets of Hide and Seek Mocha Biscuits approximately 35 biscuits
- 1 packet Bourbon biscuits approximately 6 biscuits
- 1 1/2 Cup of milk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- For the melted chocolate layer:
- 50 grams of milk and dark chocolate compound
- Firstly, preheat the oven for 15 minutes at 180 C.
- Now arrange all the ingredients for Mocha Cake and keep them ready.
- Crush the biscuits and grind it in a grinder till it's a fine powder.
- Add milk and whisk it nicely till there are no lumps.
- Now add baking powder and give it a quick stir.
- Grease the cake mould with little butter and pour the cake mix as shown in the picture below.
- Bake it for 20-25 minutes till the toothpick comes out clean.
- For the chocolate layer:
- Finally, melt some milk and dark chocolate compound as per the double boiler method.
- Nicely drizzle a spoonful of melted chocolate and some crushed biscuits on mocha cakes and let it cool down for 30 minutes before eating.
Finally, you can try these delicious recipes from my blog: