Bell pepper and cottage cheese bruschetta are scrumptious Italian appetizers that are perfect to serve during the balmy days of summer. They are so crispy, flavorful, and can be prepared in a jiffy.
I tend to eat lots of bell peppers and I absolutely love the way they smile at me with “pick-me-up” emotion. Actually the sight, aroma, and texture of it remind me of my days in Swiss. I surely have something about them. Always end up cooking some dishes with it. Be it a starter, dip, or rice, I absolutely love them.
This bell pepper bruschetta paired with cottage cheese and fresh basil are like a perfect match made in heaven. They lend such savory and tangy aromas that tickle the taste buds. Pair them with a hot bowl of soup and you are sorted with a quick fix dinner. If you want to entertain your guests it can also serve as a perfect appetizer. Top it with mozzarella cheese if you fancy making it more cheesy. Check out the recipe and make them now!!
Recipe of Bell Pepper and Cottage Cheese Bruschetta
- 1 A medium loaf of baguette
- 1 medium red bell pepper cored, seeded and cut lengthwise into thin strips
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper cored, seeded and cut lengthwise into thin strips
- 1 cup Cottage cheese / Paneer
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- handful fresh basil leaves
- 2 tsp dry Italian herbs or seasoning
- Salt as per taste
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Add the pepper strips and sauté until lightly browned at the edges and beginning to soften about 3-5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, stir in the minced garlic, cover and continue cooking till 1 more minute.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, remove from heat and stir in the balsamic vinegar.
- Grill the bread over medium heat, turning once, until golden brown on both sides, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Place the toast slices on a large platter, brush with the remaining olive oil.
- Cover the bread with a portion of the sautéed peppers, crumbled cheese, and top it with fresh torn basil and season it with Italian herbs.
- Serve it immediately while it is hot.