This brown rice and lentil tikkis with spinach is a great combo that can be made from leftovers of the previous night. Add some fresh spinach to the brown rice and lentils and you are sorted with a new healthy, wholesome, and party appetizers.
Recipe of BROWN RICE AND LENTIL TIKKIS WITH SPINACH
- 2 cups cooked Brown Rice
- 1 cup boiled lentil preferably masoor dal
- 1 cup washed and chopped spinach
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp chili powder and pepper powder
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 cups fresh bread crumbs made out of brown bread
- Mix all the above ingredients, mash roughly with a potato masher.
- Make round tikkis and roll each in bread crumbs so as to coat all over the tikkis.
- Keep it in the fridge for 30 mins or till cooking time.
- Remove it a few minutes before you have to cook them.
- Roast on a non-stick pan until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve it hot with green chutney and tomato ketchup.