Dahi Bhel | Dahi Papdi Bhel recipe with step-by-step pictures and detailed recipe. Dahi Bhel is a mouth-watering recipe and a variation of Bhel but served with chilled yogurt. It is a mixture of curd, puffed rice, papdis, potatoes, onions, tomatoes, along with an array of chutneys.
Dahi is also known as Yogurt or Curd and Dahi Bhel is a recipe that is so refreshing and tasty when eaten on a hot summer day. It is relished by everybody and it is commonly found in the streets of Mumbai. It is best eaten as an evening snack when most of them are returning home from their office. The recipe is very easy and whips together in no time.
Moreover, it is a no-cook recipe as all you need is to assemble the ingredients, chop the vegetables, and mix the ingredients together add chilled yogurt on top, and serve it with papdis.
For those who do not know what papdi is, it is a maida small puris used in Sev Puri and is usually eaten along with Bhel and Dahi Bhel.
How to Fry Puffed Rice for preparing Bhel?
Heat oil in a pan and add 1 tsp of Hing or Asafoetida, 1 tsp Turmeric powder, and salt. Give a quick stir and add Mamra / Puffed Rice to it and mix it well. Now roast it on a medium to low flame, stirring continuously so that the puffed rice does not stick to the bottom of the pan. Once roasted switch off the flame and let them cool at room temperature. After it has cooled down you can transfer it into an air-tight container and use it when you want to prepare Bhel. You can always keep these handy so you can prepare Dahi Bhel instantly.
Step-By-Step Recipe of Dahi Bhel
1. Firstly, take a broad bowl and add puffed rice |mamra in that bowl.
2. Now add chopped potatoes, tomato, and onion, salt, chaat masala into the puffed rice.
3. Also add garlic, dates, and coriander chutneys to the above mixture.
4. Mix everything well together till all the chutneys are blended properly.
5. Add Sev, a few crushed Papdis in the Bhel, and mix it well.
6. Whisk cold yogurt in a bowl, add sugar and salt, and mix it well.
7. Finally, Add chilled yogurt on top of the Bhel, garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves, pomegranate seeds add some more crushed papdis and serve it immediately.
- Fry puffed rice in oil for 5 minutes on a lower flame till they become crisp.
- You can add boiled Kabuli chana also in this Dahi Bhel Recipe.
- Regular Sev can also be used in this recipe.
- Use cold yogurt for this recipe, else it will not taste good.
- Prepare all the chutneys in advance and keep them in the freezer, so when you want to make this instant recipe, it becomes handy.
- Most importantly, serve Dahi Bhel immediately once made, else it will turn very soggy and might not taste good.
Dahi Bhel | Dahi Papdi Bhel Recipe
- 2 cups puffed rice | mamra
- 1 medium-size boiled potato finely chopped
- 1 small tomato finely chopped
- 2 small onion finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic chutney
- 2 tbsp Khajur chutney | imli chutney | Date or Tamarind Chutney
- 1 tbsp green coriander chutney
- 1 cup Nylon Sev
- 9-10 papdis
- 2 cups whipped yogurt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp chat masala
- a handful of finely chopped coriander leaves
- a handful of pomegranate seeds to garnish
- salt as per taste
- Firstly, take a broad bowl and add puffed rice |mamra in that bowl.
- Now add chopped potatoes, tomato, and onion, salt, chaat masala into the puffed rice.
- Also add garlic, dates, and coriander chutneys to the above mixture.
- Mix everything well together till all the chutneys are blended properly.
- Add Sev, few crushed papdis in the Bhel, and mix it well.
- Whisk cold yogurt in a bowl, add sugar and salt, and mix it well.
- Finally, Add chilled yogurt on top of the Bhel, garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves, pomegranate seeds add some more crushed papdis and serve it immediately.