This Paneer Bhurji sabzi is a very appetizing, scrumptious easy veg recipe that whips up in a jiffy. It is made with homemade crumbled paneer and cooked along with onion, capsicum, and tomato with subtle use of spices.
Easy Paneer Bhurji is a very healthy, protein-rich, and low-calorie option as very little cooking oil goes into preparing this. It is the most popular and easy dinner recipe option when you are looking to eat something healthy.
Dry Paneer Bhurji is a quintessential North Indian dish that is usually served as a main or side dish with Rotis or parathas for either lunch or dinner. It is a very good option for kids as well as it is high in proteins and keeps kids energetic for a longer time. Since it is a dry version it can also be served as an office lunch box. Pack it in an air-tight tiffin box along with roti, raita, and salad.
1. How can you make it the Jain Version?
Follow the recipe as it is without using onions and ginger-garlic paste. The rest of the preparation methods will be the same. However, instead of Onion, you can use finely chopped cabbage to make it more nutritious.
2.Can we make this Vegan?
Yes, for making Paneer Bhurjee Vegan all we need to do is replace Paneer with Tofu. Do no use any butter or ghee in this recipe. Instead, use oil or olive oil for this recipe.
3. What variations can we do to this recipe?
Add boiled sweet corn, boiled green peas, zucchini, red and yellow bell peppers to this Paneer Bhurjee to make it more delicious and nutritious. However, it is just an option.
4.Can we add Palak/ Spinach to Paneer Bhurji?
Yes. Palak tastes very good with Paneer Bhurjee and makes it a healthier version. We have tried this recipe and it is now my family’s favorite recipe. For the detailed recipe, kindly click on the given link Palak Paneer Bhurjee / Spinach Cottage Cheese Crumble
5.How to make Paneer Bhurjee Rolls?
For preparing Paneer Bhurjee Rolls, you will need Roti or Tortilla wraps, mayonnaise, Coriander Chutney, Slice or pickled onions, beetroots, and Frankie Masala. However, the options are customizable and you can add or omit the ingredients you want. You can prepare rolls from leftover Roti and paneer bhurji. Spread some mayonnaise, pickled onions, beetroot, green chutney, paneer bhurjee, sprinkle some Frankie masala and roll it. You can either grill the roll or have it as it is. It will taste so good and is a great option for kids too. Paneer Bhurji Rolls works great for lunch box options as well.
Paneer Bhurji | vegetarian recipes
You may also want to check another trending Paneer Recipes:
Recipe of Paneer Bhurji
1 big Onion finely chopped
1 medium Capsicum finely chopped
2 big Tomatoes finely chopped
250 grams Crumbled paneer (cottage cheese)
3-4 green chilies finely chopped
2 tsp Fresh ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp Turmeric powder
2 tsp Kashmiri chili powder
1 tsp Coriander powder
2 tsp Garam masala
1 tsp Lemon juice
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tbsp Oil or ghee
Salt as per taste
1/4 cup Coriander leaves to garnish
Step-by-Step Recipe of Paneer Bhurjee/ Paneer Bhurji
1. Crumble the paneer with your hands and keep it aside in a bowl.
2. I usually prefer homemade paneer for this recipe.
3. Chop onions, capsicum, tomatoes, green chilies very finely and keep them aside in a bowl.
HOW TO PROCEED
1. Take a pan and heat oil or ghee in it.
2. Once it is hot add cumin seeds and let it crackle for 20 seconds, later add finely chopped onions and saute it for 2 minutes.
3. Now add capsicum, green chilies, and ginger-garlic paste. Saute for another 2-3 minutes stirring in between till the onions and capsicum are cooked properly and the rawness of ginger-garlic goes.
4. Add chopped tomatoes, salt and let it cook for 3- 4 minutes till the tomatoes are cooked properly.
5. Now add turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala in the gravy and stir till all the spices are blended well.
6. Now add crumbled paneer and stir for another 2 minutes till all the gravy, spices, and paneer are incorporated well.
7. Don’t over mix it. Finally, add lemon juice and garnish with fresh coriander.
Serve this dry paneer bhurji immediately with hot phulkas, dal, and boondi raita. for lunch or dinner. If you do not have roti, parathas handy, then serve it with bread slices or Rice, it will pair well.
It can also be a nice option for lunch boxes as it is a dry sabzi and it won’t spill in the boxes.
Recipe of Paneer Bhurji
- 1 big Onion finely chopped
- 1 medium Capsicum finely chopped
- 2 big Tomatoes finely chopped
- 250 grams Crumbled paneer cottage cheese
- 3-4 green chilies finely chopped
- 2 tsp Fresh ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Kashmiri chili powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Oil or ghee
- Salt as per taste
- ¼ cup Coriander leaves to garnish
- HOW TO PROCEED
- Take a pan and heat oil or ghee in it.
- Once it is hot add cumin seeds and let it crackle for 20 seconds, later add finely chopped onions and saute it for 2 minutes.
- Now add capsicum, green chilies, and ginger-garlic paste. Saute for another 2-3 minutes stirring in between till the onions and capsicum are cooked properly and the rawness of ginger-garlic goes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, salt and let it cook for 3- 4 minutes till the tomatoes are cooked properly.
- Now add turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala in the gravy and stir till all the spices are blended well.
- Now add crumbled paneer and stir for another 2 minutes till all the gravy, spices and paneer are incorporated well.
- Don't over mix it. Finally, add lemon juice and garnish with fresh coriander.
I hope you enjoy making this easy veg recipe. It is also an easy dinner recipe.