Paneer Mix Vegetable is a simple and authentic Indian Curry dish that is delicious and nutritious. This Mix Vegetable with Paneer is a medley of Paneer and vegetables that are cooked and simmered in Onion-Tomato gravy. It is mainly originated from North Indian and is now prepared in many Indian homes. Paneer Mix Vegetable is also a very popular Indian curry that tops the menu of most Indian Restaurants.
How to make Paneer Mix Vegetable?
This delicious Paneer Mix Vegetable consists of a mix of paneer, potatoes, carrots, capsicums, and onions simmered in mildly spiced and creamy gravy. It is a healthy option for consuming vegetables as it includes a mix of many veggies. Hence, a very good option for kids and grown-ups alike. This dish is most commonly known as Paneer Mix Veg, Mixed Vegetable with Paneer, Paneer Mix Veg Sabji, Paneer Mix Veg Curry, or even Paneer Vegetable ki sabzi.
If you do not wish to add Paneer (Cottage Cheese), simply exclude it and you have a recipe for Mix Vegetable Curry. Also, feel free to add other vegetables like french beans, cauliflower, baby corn, etc to this recipe. Moreover, you can also adjust the spices as per your liking and taste buds. You can simply follow the recipe of the gravy and mix the vegetables of your choice.
This paneer mix vegetable gets a unique aroma and texture from roasted and hand-crushed Kasoori methi (Dry Fenugreek Leaves). I simply love the aroma of this and it gives a new dimension to the dish when added to the vegetable gravy.
Try making this for your weekend lunch or dinner. Moreover, also try to include this recipe if you have a party at home. Paneer Mix vegetable sabzi is always a hit if you if have planned Indian Menu.
Here are a few Menu Ideas if you are planning Indian Menu for a party or any occasion:-
- Spinach Pooris, Kadai Paneer, Carrot Raita, and Bread Rasmalai
- Bhatura, Chole, Carrot Raita and Paneer Kheer
- Aloo Paratha, Veg Kurma, Onion Tomato Raita, and Gajar Halwa / Carrot Halwa
If we are talking about the India menu why not try other scrumptious recipes from my blog like:
- For a simple dry sabzi try Paneer Bhurji,
- For spicy taste buds or you may want to try my Baby potatoes in Kolhapuri gravy
- For pickle-flavored paneer dishes, this recipe is an absolute winner Achari Paneer Masala.
Paneer Mix Veg
Frequently Asked Questions About This Paneer Mix
What is Mix Vegetable?
Mix Vegetable is an Indian Curry that is cooked with different vegetables like potato, french beans, green peas, carrot, cauliflower, baby corn, capsicum, broccoli. It is cooked in basic onion tomato gravy with aromatic spices.
Can you make this Paneer Mix Veg with Frozen Vegetables?
Yes, you can make this Indian curry with mix frozen vegetables. All you need to do is remove the frozen vegetables from the freezer and thaw them. Alternatively, you can boil hot water add some salt, and boil for 5-6 minutes. The most important point is that the vegetables shouldn’t lose their crunch and at the same time, they need to be soft but not mushy.
Frozen Paneer is also easily available, so you can use that as well. It is recommended to soften paneer in hot water for 5 minutes to make them soft.
Can You Make This Paneer Veg in Advance?
Yes, you can make this paneer mix veg in advance, prepare the curry in advance and store it in the fridge for 2 days, or deep freeze it for a week or so.
However, you can chop the vegetables in advance too and keep them in a ziplock container for 2-3 days.
Having these preparations done in advance will speed up the cooking process also.
Is it advisable to Freeze this Mixed Vegetable?
Yes, surely you can freeze this Mixed vegetable in the freezer for up to 1 month and use it whenever you want to. IT is always recommended to freeze this vegetable in a microwave-safe bowl. Remove it overnight and keep it in the fridge and the next morning heat it on the stove for best results. However, you can also remove it from the freezer 1 hour before and microwave it for 2 minutes, and finally heat it on the stove till it is hot.
How to choose vegetables for Paneer Mix Veg Curry:
This is the most versatile and flexible curry dish that you can prepare at home. You can use vegetables of your preferences and liking. Moreover, this recipe is also the best way to include seasonal vegetables in your diet. Just sharing a small tip here, use all the leftover vegetables in your fridge like carrots, sweet corns, french beans, cauliflower, zucchini, and make this curry very unique and tasty. This way you can also include lots of vegetables in your diet.
Paneer Mix Vegetable
Vegetables used in this recipe
- 150 gms Paneer Cubes Paneer = Cottage Cheese
- 2 medium Potatoes
- 1 big Capsicum
- 2 medium Onions
- 2 medium Carrots
For the gravy
- 2 medium Onions
- 2 medium Tomatoes
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 inch Ginger
- 0.5 cup Fresh Cream
- 2 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tsp Kasuri Methi Fenugreek
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Salt As per taste
- Fresh Coriander To Garnish
How to go about with vegetables:
- Peel carrots and potatoes skin and chop them into small chunks.Boil water in a pan and add salt, let it boil for a minute.Now add carrots and potatoes chunks into boiling water.It will take about 8-10 minutes for boiling.Strain the water from it once it is boiled and keep it aside.Dice paneer, capsicum and onions into cubes and keep it aside.
Preparations for the gravy:
- Chop onions and tomatoes into small chunks.Mince garlic and ginger and keep it in a bowl.Roast Kasturi methi (Fenugreek) in a small pan for a few seconds and crush it with your hand.
Steps for the gravy:
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan and once it is hot add minced garlic and ginger in it.Once they turn brown in color add onions and saute for 2 minutes.When onions turn brown in color add tomato chunks and let it cook for 2 more minutes. Now, add all the spices and salt in the gravy. Let it simmer for 5 minutes on a low flame stirring in between. Once you see oil on top, add fresh cream in it and switch off the flame. Let it cool for 5 minutes at a room temperature.Once it cools down blend the gravy in a blender or a food processor to form a smooth and creamy consistency.
Final steps for the vegetable:
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and once its hot add, the onion chunks. Saute it for a minute and later add chunks of capsicum in it. Let it cook for 2 minutes till they are properly cooked.Add paneer cubes and mix gently. Now, add the boiled carrots and potatoes in it and add salt as per your taste and mix it well.Finally add the above gravy and crushed Kasuri methi in it and simmer the paneer mix vegetable subzi for 5 minutes stirring in between. Switch off the flame, garnish with coriander leaves and serve this vegetable with naans or tandoori roti.
I hope you like this recipe of Paneer ki Sabji and prepare it in your kitchen. Do share with me your views in the comments below or email me at [email protected]