How to make Paneer mix vegetable
This delicious dish consists of a mix of paneer, potatoes, carrots, capsicums, and onions simmered in mildly spiced and creamy gravy. It is very healthy as it includes a mix of many vegetables. Hence, a very good option for kids and grown-ups alike. This dish is most commonly known as Paneer Mix Veg, Mixed Vegetable Curry, Mix Veg Sabzi, Mix Veg Curry, or even Paneer Vegetable ki sabzi.
If you do not wish to add Paneer (Cottage Cheese), simply exclude it and you have a recipe for Mix Vegetable Curry.
You can adjust the spices as per your liking and even add more vegetables like french beans and green peas. You can simply follow the recipe of the gravy and mix the vegetables of your choice.
This paneer mix vegetable gets a unique aroma and texture from roasted and hand-crushed Kasoori methi (Dry Fenugreek Leaves). I simply love the aroma of this and it gives a new dimension to the dish when added to the vegetable gravy.
Try making this for your weekend lunch or dinner, also try to include this recipe. If you have a party and have planned to make an Indian menu, Paneer Mix vegetable sabzi is always a hit.
If we are talking about the India menu why not try other scrumptious recipes from my blog like:
- for a simple dry sabzi try Paneer Bhurji,
- for a spicy taste buds or you may want to try my Baby potatoes in Kolhapuri gravy
- for pickle-flavored paneer dish, this recipe is an absolute winner Achari Paneer Masala.
Paneer Mix Veg
Paneer Mix Vegetable
Vegetables used in this recipe
- 150 gms Paneer Cubes Paneer = Cottage Cheese
- 2 medium Potatoes
- 1 big Capsicum
- 2 medium Onions
- 2 medium Carrots
For the gravy
- 2 medium Onions
- 2 medium Tomatoes
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 inch Ginger
- 0.5 cup Fresh Cream
- 2 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tsp Kasuri Methi Fenugreek
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Salt As per taste
- Fresh Coriander To Garnish
How to go about with vegetables:
- Peel carrots and potatoes skin and chop them into small chunks.Boil water in a pan and add salt, let it boil for a minute.Now add carrots and potatoes chunks into boiling water.It will take about 8-10 minutes for boiling.Strain the water from it once it is boiled and keep it aside.Dice paneer, capsicum and onions into cubes and keep it aside.
Preparations for the gravy:
- Chop onions and tomatoes into small chunks.Mince garlic and ginger and keep it in a bowl.Roast Kasturi methi (Fenugreek) in a small pan for a few seconds and crush it with your hand.
Steps for the gravy:
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan and once it is hot add minced garlic and ginger in it.Once they turn brown in color add onions and saute for 2 minutes.When onions turns brown in color add tomato chunks and let it cook for 2 more minutes. Now, add all the spices and salt in the gravy. Let it simmer for 5 minutes on a low flame stirring in between. Once you see oil on top, add fresh cream in it and switch off the flame. Let it cool for 5 minutes at a room temperature.Once it cools down blend the gravy in a blender or a food processor to form a smooth and creamy consistency.
Final steps for the vegetable:
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and once its hot add, the onion chunks. Saute it for a minute and later add chunks of capsicum in it. Let it cook for 2 minutes till they are properly cooked.Add paneer cubes and mix gently. Now, add the boiled carrots and potatoes in it and add salt as per your taste and mix it well.Finally add the above gravy and crushed Kasuri methi in it and simmer the paneer mix vegetable subzi for 5 minutes stirring in between. Switch off the flame, garnish with coriander leaves and serve this vegetable with naans or tandoori roti.
I hope you like this recipe of Panner Mix Vegetable and prepare it in your kitchen. Do share with me your views in the comments below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.