Tabbouleh- A delicious bulgur salad that is filled with tomatoes, green onions, bell peppers, and cucumber. It is seasoned in the traditional way, with fresh mint and lemon juice.
Tabbouleh is traditionally served as part of a mezze in the Arab world.
Recipe of Tabbouleh
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 ⅔ cups boiling water
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 1 cup green onions chopped
- 1 cup parsley / Coriander fresh
- 1 cup fresh celery leaves chopped
- 3 tomatoes chopped
- 1 cucumber peeled, seeded and chopped
- ½ cup green and red pepper chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste freshly ground
- Combine bulgur and boiling water in a large bowl. Cover, and set aside to soak for 1 hour.
- Drain away if any excess water. Add olive oil, lemon juice, onions, parsley/Coriander, celery, tomatoes, and cucumber.
- Toss to combine all the above ingredients.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.