Tabbouleh- A delicious bulgur salad that is filled with tomatoes, green onions, bell peppers, and cucumber. It is seasoned in the traditional way, with fresh mint and lemon juice.
Tabbouleh is traditionally served as part of a mezze in the Arab world.
Recipe of Tabbouleh
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 2/3 cups boiling water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley / Coriander
- 1 cup chopped fresh celery leaves
- 3 to matoes chopped
- 1 cucumber – peeled seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green and red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine bulgur and boiling water in a large bowl. Cover, and set aside to soak for 1 hour.
- Drain away if any excess water. Add olive oil, lemon juice, onions, parsley/Coriander, celery, tomatoes, and cucumber.
- Toss to combine all the above ingredients.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.