Carrot and Peas Fritters also be termed as Nutritious Fritters Recipe are very simple recipe that also makes it great finger food. It’s a perfect way to use these vegetables this winter without much fuss. These Carrot and Peas fritters are easy to make, versatile, healthy, nutritious, and shallow-fried in olive oil. Moreover, a study claims that consuming carrots on a regular basis can reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease.
Most importantly, try to include these Nutritious Fritters Recipe in your diet as it tastes delicious. Follow the step-by-step pictures and detailed recipe below for quick learning.
Fritters are interesting finger food that can be made using a lot of vegetables. However, to this Nutritious Fritters Recipe, you can also add corn, cauliflower, onions, beans, and so on. Check one of the variations below that I have shown using onions and garlic to make this humble Carrot and Peas Fritters more crunchy.
The main ingredients for this recipe are:
Carrots: For this recipe, you do not need to pre-cook the carrots. Simply grate them with the help of a grater and you are good to go. Carrots are also rich in beta-carotene and it protects your eyesight. It is also rich in fiber and helps in maintaining healthy cholesterol levels and prevents heart disease and reduces the risk of cancer.
Green Peas: Come winters and you will see the vegetable market flooded with these green beauties. It doesn’t matter if you are using fresh green peas or frozen. All you have to do is boil green peas in a bowl of water for 5 minutes till they are soft and tender. Green peas are a good source of vitamin C and E and are also rich in other antioxidants. It also helps to strengthen your immune system. So try and include green peas in your diet and with recipe you will fall in love with it.
Instant Oats: For the binding purpose, we have used rolled oats and a bit of cornflour. So there is no need for eggs in this recipe. Oats are rich in anti-oxidant, nutrients, and fiber. Oats will also keep you full for a longer period of time and may help you to lose weight. So this recipe is a win-win for everyone.
Why try this Recipe?
- low calorie
- Shallow fry
- Healthy ingredients
- Nutritious snack option
Carrot and Peas Fritters
- 2 large carrots
- 1 cup boiled green peas
- 1 tbsp Rolled Oats
- ½ cup grated cheese
- 1 /2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- ½ cup finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt to taste
- Peel and grate the carrots and add them to a large bowl. Now add boiled peas and grated cheese to it and mash it well.
- Now add rolled oats, cornflour, black pepper powder, salt, finely chopped coriander leaves, and combine all the ingredients tightly. It should be like a thick mixture.
- Divide the mixture into small balls and flatten them into a fritter shape.
- Heat a non-stick pan on a medium flame and add 2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Now place fritters onto the pan and cook them till they are brown and crispy. Add a little more olive oil in between as this will make the fritters crispy.
- Repeat the same procedure with all the fritters and serve it hot with any dip, chutney, or herbed yogurt.
Step-by-Step recipe of Carrot and Peas Fritters
1. Peel and grate the carrots and add them to a large bowl. Now add boiled peas and grated cheese to it and mash it well.
2. Now add rolled oats, cornflour, black pepper powder, salt, finely chopped coriander leaves, and combine all the ingredients tightly. It should be like a thick mixture.
3. Divide the mixture into small balls and flatten them into a fritter shape.
4. Heat a non-stick pan on a medium flame and add 2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil.
5. Now place fritters onto the pan and cook them till they are brown and crispy. Add a little more olive oil in between as this will make the fritters crispy.
6. Repeat the same procedure with all the fritters and serve it hot with any dip, chutney, or herbed yogurt.
Variations to this Recipe
This Carrot and Peas Fritters taste delicious, however, if you are want to add more crunch and flavor to this recipe, you can use onions and garlic. For this heat olive oil in a pan and add minced garlic and 1 finely chopped onion to it. Saute for 2 minutes and later add carrots and boiled peas to it. Mix everything well and let the mixture cool down. Now follow the instructions from step no 2.
Moreover, if you want to make this recipe Vegan, then omit the cheese in the ingredients.
Follow the pictorials:
You can serve these Carrot and Peas Fritters with garlic herbed yogurt and relish it. For preparing garlic herbs yogurt, you need to take greek or hung yogurt in a bowl, add salt, pepper powder, 1 tsp oregano, and whisk it. To this, you can add fresh torn basil leaves, parsley, coriander leaves, and minced garlic. Mix everything well and served this chilled.
Do check out these recipes,