Carrot Raita with step-by-step pictures and detailed recipes. This Carrot Raita is a delicious and healthy raita that is very refreshing.
Carrot Raita is made using fresh carrots and cold yogurt along with spices like cumin powder, black salt, chaat masala, red chili powder. I like this raita cold especially when it is served with Paneer Mutter Pulao and Tawa Pulao. The raita balances spicy and flavourful Indian meals. However, it can also be had on its own when you are in a mood to skip lunch.
Benefits of Carrot
- As we all know carrots are a good source of beta carotene which helps to protect your eyes.
- It helps to maintain a healthy weight.
- They help to build your immune system.
- It also acts as a cooling agent.
Step-by-Step Recipe of Carrot Raita
This recipe will serve 4
1 cup Yogurt/curd
2 carrots peeled and grated
2 tsp green chili finely chopped
1 tsp sugar (optional)
1 tsp cumin/jeera powder
Salt as per taste
A handful of finely chopped coriander leaves
1. Firstly, keep all the ingredients ready for the raita.
2. Now add salt, sugar, and whisk yogurt/curd till there are no lumps.
3. Add grated carrots in the yogurt and mix well.
4. Also add green chilies, cumin powder, and mix all the ingredients well.
5. Finally, garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve well.
- Always use cold yogurt for any kind of raita that you are preparing.
- Use fresh carrots and peel it properly before grating it.
- Serve this raita cold with pulao and stuffed paratha.
- You can also add black salt and chaat masala in this raita.
- 1 cup Yogurt/curd
- 2 carrots peeled and grated
- 2 tsp green chili finely chopped
- 1 tsp sugar optional
- 1 tsp cumin/jeera powder
- Salt as per taste
- A handful of finely chopped coriander leaves
- Firstly, keep all the ingredients ready for the raita.
- Now add salt, sugar, and whisk yogurt/curd till there are no lumps.
- Add grated carrots in the yogurt and mix well.
- Also add green chilies, cumin powder, and mix all the ingredients well.
- Finally, garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve well.