Colaba Causeway is an iconic shopping place in Mumbai. This is a charming and vibrant street that is located near Gateway of India, a very famous monument of Mumbai. Also very well known amongst foreigners this is a shoppers paradise.
Moreover, If you are planning to visit Mumbai anytime soon, then this place has to be on your wish list. Me being a Mumbaikar, I absolutely love to shop and explore the latest trends here. This place is one of my favorites to shop boho jewelry.
Colaba Causeway shopping guide
Firstly, Colaba Causeway is mainly known for its accessories, junk, and boho jewelry, fashionable and stylish clothes. This is the best place in Mumbai for its ethnic, boho, junk, and silver accessories. The designs and patterns that you will find at this market are really unique.
However, this market does not restrict these kinds of stuff. There are more glamour and charm to this market. Mainly, it caters to all the shopaholic souls who are always looking for a new trend and style.
Apart from street vendors, this place also has few designer stores, branded shops, and a few restaurants.
What to expect at Colaba Causeway Street
Cafe Leopold on this street is another iconic landmark that makes this place famous. The shooting of many Bollywood movies is done here. Also, the most terrifying attack of 26/11 targeted by the terrorists took place at this Cafe.
Furthermore, Cafe Mondegar is another quirky and famous cafe with retro decor that is found at Colaba Causeway. This Cafe serves delicious American and Indian cuisines.
Moreover, there are many restaurants, designer shops, branded stores that you will find here. There are small antique shops, small stores selling 1st, and 2nd copies of branded purses and bags.
Even if shopping is not on your agenda, the street of Colaba Causeway is beautiful to look at. The old-world charm with Colonial-style buildings and architecture are so captivating.
Tips and Tricks to shop at Colaba Causeway
- Shopping here is a bit challenging as the lanes are too narrow and it’s always crowded, so make sure you are wearing comfortable footwear and clothes.
- Carry enough cash as no one will accept credit cards here.
- Learn the art of bargaining here as they will quote very high rates earlier.
- You need to be patient while shopping here as bargaining will go on for some time.
- Preferably go in the morning to avoid the crowd.
- The stalls that are in the beginning have the best designs of jewelry, really unique and pricey. They won’t bargain a lot, so if you like them, I would advise you to bargain a little bit and grab those designs.
- Check the pieces before you buy them as they will not exchange or return the money back.
- If you want to buy trendy tops, shirts, shrugs, stoles or shawls, you will find decent options.
- Colaba Causeway market is also famous for antiques, so you can buy some really good stuff here.
- Best place to stay updated with fashion without spending a huge amount of money.
- Finally, take some time to decide, trust your instincts, and select the best items.
Finally, if you are interested in shopping blogs, please do check my other blogs like
Colaba causeway Entry fees and market timings:
There are no entry fees to enter to Colaba Causeway. You can walk at any time of the day.
Colaba Causeway is open all 7 days a week and timings are
10.00 am – 10.00 pm
Colaba causeway address
Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400005, India