Sarojini Nagar market, a familiar name for shopping in Delhi, India, is a shoppers paradise for all the girls and a hub to buy trendy pieces and stuff at an affordable price.
What is Sarojini Nagar Market?
Sarojini Nagar Market is popularly known as a girl’s paradise for shopping. This is an open-air market that has many small shops and stalls selling stuff and is worth exploring, especially if you are a shopaholic just like me. You will find export surplus and rejected pieces by big brands like Zara, H & M, and other brands, due to minor flaws in the design or any other defects. Since they do not have to pay taxes, the stuff here comes at very affordable rates. However, you will find lots of Branded clothes here at throwaway prices. If you are lucky, you will find unique designer pieces that have been designed by the students of fashion designing for their projects. So it can be surprising as you may come across some stunning pieces.
Moreover, after seeing so many Delhi bloggers bragging about this market on social media, I was intrigued to visit this place during my Delhi trip early this year. My first to-do list was to visit Sarojini Nagar market and understand what it is all about.
Being a Mumbai girl, I was always fascinated and curious to shop from Sarojini Nagar market in Delhi as I have heard that this market sells everything at a very reasonable price. Although, Mumbai has good shopping places like Hill Road, Linking Road, Colaba market that sells stylish, trendy, and easy on pocket clothes, accessories, shoe bags, etc. But being a shopaholic Sarojini Nagar was always on my list, and I had to pay a visit while I was in Delhi.
Tips and tricks of shopping here:
- First things first, wear comfortable cotton clothes and flat shoes or sneakers as you will be exploring the whole market.
- Carry a tote bag or a trolley bag along to stuff your shopping bags.
- Please carry cash in small currency notes for hassle-free shopping.
- Always carry a water bottle, few handy snacks to refuel yourself as it gets tiring shopping here.
- Please be patient while hunting for your kinds of stuff, sometimes the first round may not be so appealing.
- Learn the art of bargaining here as you really need to quote almost half of the price they demand.
- Always take along someone with you who has great bargaining skills.
- Check the items before purchasing as there might be some defects on them.
- Sarojini Nagar market is open on all days including Monday.
- Take care of your belongings as the market is too crowded.
- Always go in the morning as there are more chances of bargaining.
- If you are confused as to what to buy, do have a look around, understand the trend, and then decide to buy.
- This market is good for everyone who wants to flaunt style without burning a hole in their pocket.
What to expect at Sarojini Nagar Market?
- All types of clothing you may need to change your wardrobe or incorporate new styles. This market has everything from jeans, T-shirts, jumpsuits, maxi dresses, denim shorts, winter jackets, shrugs, Kurtis, short dresses, tunics, and whatever you can think of.
- This market is famous for export surplus kinds of stuff and designer pieces. You can also find export rejected branded stuff at a throwaway price. Brands like Zara, H n M, Forever 21, Vero Moda, etc can be found here at very low prices.
- Beautiful silver and junk jewelry are found here at very low prices. A must buy for all the girls to have a great jewelry collection.
- This market has clothes for all seasons. Be it a winter jacket, sweatshirt, summer dresses, shorts you will find it all.
- Home decor stuff like showpieces, beautiful ceramic items, artistic wall hangings, flower pots, antique stuff, paintings, etc are also available here.
- Clothes for all age groups are available here.
- All types of denim are found here and are priced as low as Rs 200/- The quality is good and all the latest trends denim is available here.
- Frist copy of your favorite and Stylish shades is available here at a very low price.
- All kinds of sling bags, clutches, handbags, totes, and backpacks are available here. It’s great for college students and school goers.
- All varieties of shoes, sneakers, heels are available here at a very reasonable price.
- Branded Make up products are available here in bulk at a very cheap price. The only tip here will trust your instincts while buying cosmetics here. Some claim it is not original, some say it’s harmful on your skin, etc. So you can decide what you want to do.
- Last but not the least, plenty of stuff is available for men as well like their sportswear, shoes, belts, wallets, etc, so it’s a win-win situation for a couple who wants to shop here.
Sarojini Market opens at 11.00 am and shuts at 9.00 pm
You can reach here by taking a metro and getting down at INA metro station, Take an auto from there to reach the Sarojini Nagar market.
This place should be definitely on your list for shopping if you have not visited it yet as it is every girl’s paradise.
Also, check these blogs that are related to my shopping experiences,