Mango Hummus Recipe with step-by-step pictures and detailed recipe. The taste of Mango hummus is very unique with sweet notes from mangoes, sourness from lemon, and flavors from garlic and olive oil. The smooth and silky texture of this hummus and the taste is what will tempt you to try it at home. Moreover, this is also a protein-rich dish and can be eaten as a snack too.
Also, check out these recipes for more variants of Hummus:
Why try this Hummus Recipe?
- High in Protein
- Healthy Snack Options
- Perfect to serve as a party dip
- 1 ½ cup White Chickpeas
- 2 tsp Garlic paste
- 1 cup Mango chunks
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt as per taste
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Black Sesame Seeds
- 2 tsp pomegranate
- a handful of microgreens
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Firstly, soak Chickpeas overnight or for 6-7 hours in enough water. Drain the water and boil chickpeas in a pressure pan adding salt to it. Cook the chickpeas on a medium flame till 5-6 whistles. Alternatively, you can also use canned chickpeas.
- Take 1 ripe mango, peel, and chop them into small chunks.
- Now keep all the ingredients ready for Mango Hummus ready.
- Blend everything together till smooth and creamy.
- Transfer into a bowl and garnish with microgreens, black sesame seeds and drizzle Olive Oil and serve it.
Cooking Tips for Hummus:
- For making a quick recipe, here is a tip, always freeze some boiled white chickpeas and keep them in the freezer. So next time when you soak chickpeas for any recipe, soak double the quantity and boil them. When it is boiled, drain all the liquid and let the chickpeas cool completely. then store them in an air-tight container and freeze them for later use.
- So next time when you feel like preparing any hummus, the process of soaking and boiling the chickpeas will be eliminated and you can cook the Hummus in 15 minutes.
Step-By-Step Recipe of Mango Hummus
How to Boil Chickpeas:
1. Firstly, soak Chickpeas overnight or for 6-7 hours in enough water. Drain the water and boil chickpeas in a pressure pan adding salt to it. Cook the chickpeas on a medium flame till 5-6 whistles. Alternatively, you can also use canned chickpeas.
2. Take 1 ripe mango, peel, and chop them into small chunks.
3. Now keep all the ingredients ready for Mango Hummus ready.
4. Blend everything together till smooth and creamy.
5. Transfer into a bowl and garnish with microgreens, black sesame seeds and drizzle Olive Oil and serve it.
Mango Hummus can be served with Pita Bread, Lavash, Carrot, and Cucumber sticks. If you want to go fancy then use it as a spread on toast or bruschetta and garnish with finely chopped bell peppers, corn, paneer, and whatever you can think of.
This Mango Hummus can be served at room temperature or also chilled. It will taste delicious nonetheless.
- If you have no time to soak white chickpeas and want to prepare this Hummus impromptu, you can use canned chickpeas which are easily available in the grocery stores.
- I have not used Tahini paste in this recipe as it tasted perfect without it, however, if you wish to use you can add 1 tbsp to this recipe.
- Garnishing is optional and there can be many variations.
- I have used garlic paste as it was handy with me. If you do not have you can add garlic cloves directly.
- Garnishing Hummus is optional, but drizzle good quality extra virgin olive oil on top before serving.
- This Hummus will stay good for 2-3 days in the refrigerator. I would recommend using this Mango Hummus within 3 days as it will change its color and won’t be that fresh.
- Also, this hummus can not be refrigerated for further use.