Yum Yum Sauce is a Japanese Steakhouse Sauce that is incredibly yummy and irrestible. If you are not familiar with this sauce, then let me tell you that it is usually served at any Japanese Hibachi grill joint if you have ever been. You would have probably seen this sauce is served with prawns, sushi, seafood, and meat, etc sometimes. Having said that let me not confuse you with the fact that I am very much a vegetarian. However, this sauce is one such stunner that stole my heart and after doing some research on Pinterest I found out this recipe that was fairly simple to make at home.
Yum Yum Sauce is a condiment that pairs well with many vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. It is not just restricted to seafood or meat in my opinion. Since Yum Yum Sauce is very versatile, addictive, tempting, and delicious. Apparently, it happens to be both my daughter’s favorite. At my house, we all relish this sauce with french fries, sushi, burgers, baked potatoes, rostis, and sometimes also tortilla chips.
It is practically so simple to make this sauce that goes with almost everything you can imagine. You could also make this your next easy go-to salad recipe. Or simply dip your cucumber and carrot sticks into it and use it as a dip.
Serve Yum Yum Sauce with these dishes:
Baked Garlic Potato Wedges
Baked potatoes with spinach and cheese
Exotic Veg and Cheese Enchiladas
Cheese Corn Balls
Baby Corn and Bell Pepper Quesadilla
Baby Corn Stir Fry
Can you add water to Yum Yum Sauce?
Well, adding water to the sauce will make it a bit thinner, however, if you prefer it that way you could add a little water to it. Maybe it could serve your salad dressing purpose. You can even drizzle it on the Veg Fried Rice or Pulao if you wish to.
Can we make this sauce spicy?
Yes, you can adjust the spice level in the sauce by adding more paprika powder and cayenne powder to it for a spicier version. But I use only 1 teaspoon of each as that is the best amount of spice that my folks can handle.
How to Make Kids Friendly Yum Yum Sauce?
Kids usually enjoy this sauce with chips, tortillas, and french fries. So the tip to make Yum Yum Sauce kids friendly is to make it less spicy and use a little more ketchup. Kids may not like the smoky flavor so avoid adding paprika into this recipe.
Storage Instructions :
Store this Yum Yum Sauce in an air-tight container or a glass jar and refrigerate it. It will stay good for 3-4 days in the fridge. However, I would not recommend freezing this sauce as it will not stay good. Moreover, it hardly takes 5 minutes to prepare this.
Ingredients required to prepare this Japanese Steak Sauce:
Mayonaisse: I prefer to use eggless and full-fat mayonnaise, however, you can use it with eggs as well.
Tomato Ketchup or Tomato Paste: Tomato paste is ideally preferred in this recipe, but I have used tomato ketchup that also works well.
Sriracha Sauce: This will give a nice flavor and taste.
Paprika Powder: It will give a nice color and spiciness.
Cayenne Pepper: Do not skip adding this as it will give balance to the flavors of the sauce and will also give a nice hint of pepper to it.
Onion Powder: It is easily available in the grocery store. It gives a nice flavor to the sauce.
Garlic Paste: Anything with garlic tastes much better…period.
Butter: This will give a nice shine, creaminess, and taste to the sauce.
Step-by-Step Recip Sauce of Yum Yum Sauce
1. Firstly, take a bowl, add mayonnaise, tomato ketchup, and sriracha sauce to it.
2. Now add Paprika, Cayenne pepper powder, onion powder, garlic paste, butter and whisk it well with a wire whisk till there are no lumps.
3. Taste the Sauce at this stage and add salt as per the taste.
- We like the smoky flavor so have added paprika powder, if you do not like it, you can totally skip it.
- I have used Eggless mayonnaise in this recipe, however, you can use mayonnaise with egg as well. Totally up to you.
- You can use garlic powder instead of garlic paste.
- My kids like this Yum Yum Sauce a lot so I add 2 tsp of tomato ketchup, ideally 1 tsp should also work in this recipe.
- Yum Yum Sauce will taste best when refrigerated for 5-6 hours or overnight before using it. This will enhance the flavors in the sauce and it will taste better.
- The spices and the flavors can be adjusted as per your taste sensory.
Also, try this recipe of vegetarian Japanese Yasai Salad
Yum Yum Sauce
- ¾ cup Mayonaisse
- 2 tsp Tomato Ketchup
- 2 tsp Sriracha Sauce
- 1 tsp Paprika Powder
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- Salt as per taste
- Firstly, take a bowl, add mayonnaise, tomato ketchup and sriracha sauce to it.
- Now add Paprika, Cayenne pepper powder, onion powder, garlic paste and whisk it well with a wire whisk till there are no lumps.
- Taste the Yum Yum Sauce at this stage and add salt as per the taste.
Check some more dips Recipes:
Tzatziki Greek Dip
Fresh Pea Minty Dip
Creamy Avocado Dip
Dill Yogurt Dip
Chilled Yogurt dip with roasted garlic and bell peppers