Spinach Hummus is a healthier and a delectable variant of the regular Levantine dip. This delicious recipe is surely a winner and a crowd-pleaser. Spinach hummus is a super easy recipe if you are in a mood of healthy snacking. Spinach is rich in iron and fiber, and chickpeas are rich in proteins, so overall it is a win-win combination. A very ideal combination to have when you are on a diet and looking forward to eating some healthy snacks.
Recipe of Spinach Hummus
1 can chickpeas drained or soak overnight and boil it till 6 whistles
1/2 cup fresh spinach washed and chopped.
1/4 cup tahini paste (optional)
10-12 cloves of garlic
1 finely chopped onion (optional)
3 lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt as per taste.
1. In a food processor, process chickpeas, garlic, onion, spinach, and olive oil.
2. Add lemon juice, salt, and blend.
3. If spinach hummus is too thick, add 1 tablespoon water until desired consistency.
4. Hummus should be smooth and creamy.
Serving suggestions of Spinach Hummus:
Spinach Hummus is a very versatile recipe that can be served as a snack, appetizer or as a small meal if you are on a diet.
You can surely do a lot with Spinach Hummus, experiment with dishes of your choice. It can be served with vegetable crudites, tastes best on toasts, and also with pita bread. You don’t have to limit yourself with only these options, you can also go little creative here by serving a spoon of Spinach Hummus on deviled eggs or add as a sandwich spread. Also, you can substitute Spinach hummus while making falafels instead of using the recipe of white chickpea hummus.
Storing suggestions of Spinach Hummus:
Spinach hummus can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. Be sure to squeeze 1 lemon juice and use fresh Spinach and chickpeas for the best results.
The garnishing of Spinach Hummus:
The green color of Spinach Hummus looks so vibrant and eye-catching. You can serve this hummus as it is also with a drizzle of Olive oil which works just fine. However, I like to garnish my food, so as you can see in the pictures I have garnished Spinach Hummus with Boiled chickpeas, pomegranates, black and white sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, chili flakes and mint leaves with a drizzle of Olive Oil. This garnish looks so appealing and also adds texture to the Spinach Hummus,
Recipe of Spinach Hummus
- 1 can chickpeas drained or soak overnight and boil it with 6 whistles
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach washed and chopped.
- 1/4 cup tahini paste optional
- 10-12 cloves of garlic
- 1 finely chopped onion optional
- 3 lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt as per taste.
- In a food processor, process chickpeas, garlic, onion, spinach, and olive oil.
- Add lemon juice, salt and blend.
- If spinach hummus is too thick, add 1 tablespoon water until desired consistency.
- Hummus should be smooth and creamy.