This Vegan Thai Buddha Bowl is a great way to put all together all the healthy ingredients in a bowl and serve it with sweet and spicy Thai dressing. It has all the nutrition and goodness of vegetables like zucchini, broccoli, and baby corn. It is a wholesome and balanced meal that also includes rice and chickpeas. You can either serve it as an individual portion or serve it in a big bowl for a party.
Recipe of Vegan Thai Buddha Bowl
- 1 cup Boiled Chickpeas
- 1 cup Boiled rice
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- ½ cup Broccoli chopped
- ½ cup Zucchini chopped
- ½ cup Baby corn chopped
- A handful of Cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup crushed peanuts
- 2 tsp Extra virgin Olive oil
- 2 tsp Black sesame seeds
- Salt as per taste
FOR THAI PEANUT BUTTER DRESSING
- ¾ th cup Peanut butter
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tsp Honey
- 2 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Salt as per taste
- Heat a nonstick pan and add 1tsp oil in it. Once the oil is hot add chopped zucchini and sprinkle some salt on it.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes on a medium flame till they are soft and tender. Remove it in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Similar way saute baby corn and keep it aside in a
- Heat water in a pan and add some salt in it. Once the water starts boiling add chopped broccoli pieces in it and blanch for 5 minutes and strain the water.
- Heat 1tsp oil in the same pan and add blanched broccoli in it. Saute it for 2-3 minutes till the broccoli pieces are soft and tender. Keep it aside in a bowl.
- Take a pan and boil 3-4 cups of water in it. Add rice and salt in it and let the rice cook for 8-10 minutes till all the grains are soft and tender.
- Now strain the rice till all the water is drained out. Let the rice cool under the fan.
- Once the rice cools down add coconut milk in it and keep it aside in a bowl.
- Boil chickpeas in a pressure pan for 4-5 whistles. Once the pan cools down strain the chickpeas and keep it aside in a bowl.
FOR THE THAI DRESSING
- Take a bowl and add peanut butter, butter, honey, sriracha sauce, lime, and salt in it.
- Whisk it well till all the ingredients are mixed properly and keep it aside in a bowl.
- HOW TO ASSEMBLE THAI BUDDHA BOWL (SERVES FOR 2)
- Take a big bowl and place steamed coconut milk rice, boiled chickpeas, zucchini, baby corn, and broccoli in the sides of a bowl.
- Place the dressing in the center of the bowl.
- Sprinkle some black sesame seeds, crushed peanuts, and cherry tomatoes on top and serve it.