Well this A la Hummach Pizza is even more delicious than it sounds. So don’t wait and rustle up this modern pizza variation and surely think of me when you do that!!
This is my twist to the classic and the traditional pizza. It can be a healthy alternative to our regular ones. Trust me…..they are a revelation of how humble the term” pizza” is. It allows you to play and tweak as many possibilities as you can think of. I certainly believe and trust in simplicity but having said that playing with flavors and textures just elevates my creative food cells. It’s a marriage between Italy and middle-east. Instead of the classic pizza sauce, I have used beetroot hummus to make it a wholesome meal in itself. The beetroot hummus will cut the spiciness and spinach and garlic will bring another dimension of flavor to this dish. The deep colors of beetroot and spinach impart some delicious and satisfying taste.
Recipe of A LA HUMMACH PIZZA
- 6-8 Mini Pizza Bread
- 2 cups Chopped Spinach
- 1 tbsp
- 2 cups Boiled Chickpeas
- 2 cups Boiled Beetroot
- 6-8 minced Garlic
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt as per taste
- Pre-heat the oven at 160 C and place a parchment paper on the baking tray.
- Bring plenty of water to boil. Immerse the spinach in it for a minute and refresh in cold water.
- Cool and then squeeze out the extra water as much as possible.
- Roughly chop the spinach and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and add 1 tsp Extra virgin olive oil and add garlic in it. Once they crackle add the chopped spinach in it and sauté for 30 seconds and keep it aside.
- Make beetroot hummus as per the recipe link below. https://hetalsgourmetcafe.wordpress.com/2015/09/01/beetroot-hummus/
Take pizza bread and start with applying beetroot hummus at the base. Spread the spinach and garlic mixture on it and grate shredded mozzarella cheese on it. Bake it in a pre-heated oven for 10-12 minutes or till the cheese has melted but not browned. Remove it once cheese melts and serve it warm.