Onion Tomato Raita is one of the easiest and no fuss raita recipe. Mainly, this is a no-cook recipe with minimum ingredients required. It’s made with onion, tomato, and yogurt, also known as Dahi or Curd. All these ingredients are easily available in our kitchen, so we can make this Onion Tomato Raita easily anytime.
The step-by-step pictures make it simple to understand and make it at home. It hardly takes 5 minutes for the preparations of this raita. This Onion Tomato Raita is so soothing and pairs so well with any kind of comfort meal.
I also know many friends who eat a bowl of raita at lunch for weight loss. Moreover, it gives all the nutrition required and also gives a cooling effect to our body.
Step-By-Step Recipe of Onion Tomato Raita
This recipe will yield 4 servings
1 cup Yogurt or Curd
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp Cumin | Jeera powder
1 finely chopped Onion
1 finely chopped Tomato
A handful of finely chopped coriander leaves
1/2 tsp sugar (optional)
salt as per taste
1. Add sugar and salt in a bowl and whisk it till there are no lumps.
2. Keep all the ingredients ready on a plate.
3. Now add onion, tomato, red chili powder, cumin powder in the yogurt, and mix it well.
4. Finally, garnish it with finely chopped fresh coriander leaves and chill it for an hour before serving.
Variations in this Raita
- You can add finely chopped green chilies for a spicy version.
- You can add chaat masala and black salt also in this onion tomato raita.
- If you like some crunchiness in raita, try adding Boondi in this.
Onion Tomato Raita
- 1 cup Yogurt or Curd
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin | Jeera powder
- 1 finely chopped Onion
- 1 finely chopped Tomato
- A handful of finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp sugar optional
- salt as per taste
- Add sugar and salt in a bowl and whisk it till there are no lumps.
- Keep all the ingredients ready on a plate.
- Now add onion, tomato, red chili powder, cumin powder in the yogurt, and mix it well.
- Finally, garnish it with finely chopped fresh coriander leaves and chill it for an hour before serving.