Red Velvet Pasta, an Italian Food, is one of the most favorite pasta recipes that is prepared in my house. This Red Velvet Penne Pasta is made using Beetroot puree, fresh cream, and lots of cheese. This pasta can be a good option for a quick lunch or dinner. This tastes and looks equally good. Serve this to your kids as it will make them fall in love with this beautiful red beetroot pasta and grate lots of cheese to make it extra yummy.
I have no idea about the origin of this dish..but happened to create this quick version keeping my kids in mind and let me assure you this is one of the best pasta that I have cooked recently. You can not deny this fact!!
I mean it –especially if you have fussy kids who do not eat beetroot in any form..try this one!!
Well, who on earth doesn’t like Beetroot?? It is such a versatile…goody-good root available. It allows you to play with it in so many ways. Make it savory or sweet…. Indian or Exotic…. dessert or starter and you can never go wrong with it. The brownie point is the vibrant color that makes any dish look so appealing. It surely ignites my food cells. So don’t wait and serve this beautiful penne pasta dish with garlic bread and a bowl of soup on your dinner table and see happy faces.
Cooking for me is a passion and I love to create my own dishes in my style. I opt for bold flavors and colorful combinations. Well, that’s the way I am and a pretty bold one at that. This pasta dish reveals that side of me. Can you see that on my platter too right? This is a special pasta dish that I have created with lots of love and less effort.
Recipe of Red Velvet Pasta
- 2 cups boiled and strained penne and farfalle pasta I have used a combination, you can use any 1
- ½ cup Chopped onions
- ½ cup Chopped tomatoes
- 7-8 cloves of garlic
- ½ cup fresh cream
- 1 cup Beetroot puree
- 1 cup grated processed cheese
- 2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- handful fresh basil
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
HOW TO BOIL PASTA
- Heat a pan with hot water and add salt and 1 tsp oil in it.
- Once the water becomes hot add pasta in it and boil it for 8-10 minutes till al dente, that means cooked just perfectly, not too soft nor hard.
- Strain the pasta and add cold water in it so that the pasta doesn't stick to each other.
FOR PASTA SAUCE
- Add butter and Olive oil in a large pan and melt over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for a minute, stirring occasionally, and then add chopped onions and saute until nicely browned.
- Now add tomatoes and cook them for 5 minutes till they are softened and mushy.
- Add oregano, salt, and freshly ground pepper in the above mixture and mix it well.
- Transfer it in a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled puree the pasta sauce in a blender and keep it aside in a bowl. in a blender
FOR BEETROOT PUREE
- Now add the beetroot puree in the pasta sauce and mix it well.
- (For beetroot puree boil beetroots in pressure pan till 4 whistles and once it is cooled peel the skin and puree it in a blender).
- Heat the pan again and add little olive oil and the beetroot puree and pasta sauce and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Now a and cooked pasta in it and toss it gently so that the pasta doesn't break.
- Finally, add fresh cream in it and toss it well till all the sauce has been incorporated well in the pasta. Season it with salt, grated cheese, and freshly torn basil.
- Serve this pasta hot with a drizzle of olive oil and garlic bread or crostinis.
I hope you enjoy making this delicious pasta recipe of Italian food.
Trending Recipe: Vegan Pasta.