Watermelon Cucumber Salad looks absolutely gorgeous and is such a refreshing and easy Salad Recipe. It has mild flavors, a subtle taste, a nice crunch, and is totally a no-cook recipe. This Easy Watermelon Cucumber Salad comes together in just 10 minutes. All you really need to is chopping and mixing the ingredients together in a bowl. It is mildly spiced with black pepper, salt, lemon juice, and a generous sprinkle of black sesame seeds.
More Salad Recipe:
What does watermelon cucumber Salad do for your body?
Does watermelon detox your body?
Watermelon has good water content and it can help to deal with dehydration. They are also very low in calories and rich in fiber. This helps to keep you full and satisfied. Having watermelon on a daily basis can remove toxins from your body and detox your body.
How do you cut a watermelon into cubes?
- Cut the watermelon lengthwise into half.
- Then further cut each half into half to make 4 pieces.
- Take 1 quarter and make cuts from top to the rind and make 1-inch cubes from one side of the melon to the other.
What flavors pair with watermelon?
Flavors and ingredients that you can pair watermelon with are freshness coming from mint leaves, basil leaves, black salt, lemon juice, orange juice, berries, and for spice and kick you can add chilies and jalapenos. Balsamic vinegar is one such vinegar that will surely enhance the taste of watermelon salad.
How can you tell a good watermelon?
If you see a yellow spot on the watermelon, it means it is ripe, so go for it. Also, another way to find out a ripe watermelon that is red and juicier, then tap the lower part of the watermelon. If you can hear a hollow sound, then it is juicy and ripe. You can buy that for immediate use and making salads and juices.
What does watermelon salad go with?
Watermelon goes with many fruits like Mangoes, Kiwis, grapes, pomegranates, etc. It is a very refreshing fruit and can be eaten as it is also. So simply sprinkle some black salt and black pepper powder on watermelon and have it as a mid-meal snack. You can also try adding microgreens, spinach, olives, avocado, Feta Cheese, lettuce, etc if you are making a salad. Try and experiment as much as you can as watermelon is very soothing.
What is the best way to store cut watermelon?
Watermelon: Use ripe and juicy watermelon for any salad.
Cucumbers: Take fresh cucumbers and cut them into cubes for this recipe.
Green Chili: Use light green finely chopped green chilies to add to the recipe. Do not use dark green chilies as that will be too spicy.
Black Pepper Powder: You can either use fine powder and coarsely crushed black pepper powder.
Black Sesame Seeds: Roast black sesame seeds and add to the salad.
Mint Leaves: Use fresh and washed mint leaves and add to the salad.
Lemon Juice: Freshly squeezed line juice will give a refreshing taste.
Salt as per taste
Step-By-Step Recipe of Watermelon Cucumber Salad
1. For this Salad Recipe you will need 3/4 cup of watermelon, cut into small chunks.
2. Now take cucumbers, peel the skin, wash them and cut them into small chunks.
3. Take green chilies and cut them into very fine pieces. Wash mint leaves and keep all the ingredients aside for salad preparation.
4. Now take a deep bowl and ad watermelon chunks, cucumber chunks, black pepper powder, lemon juice, salt, black sesame seeds, and toss everything well. Garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve it.
It is best to make Watermelon and Cucumber Salad fresh and serve it. You can also cut watermelon and cucumber into cubes and store them in a glass container and refrigerate it for 2 days. So when you feel like having this salad, you simply need to remove the container and add other ingredients, toss and eat.
Serving Ideas for Watermelon Cucumber Salad:
Serve this salad with bruschetta, crostini, soup or a glass of wine, ice tea, and a cooler. You can have it for lunch or dinner or also as a mid-meal snack. It is so refreshing and guilt-free.
Watermelon Cucumber Salad
- ¾ cup Watermelon
- 2 Cucumbers
- 1 Green Chili finely chopped
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 2 tsp Black Sesame Seeds
- 6-7 Mint Leaves
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- For this Salad Recipe you will need 3/4 cup of watermelon, cut into small chunks.
- Now take cucumbers, peel the skin, wash them and cut them into small chunks.
- Take green chilies and cut them into very fine pieces. Wash mint leaves and keep all the ingredients aside for salad preparation.
- Now take a deep bowl and ad watermelon chunks, cucumber chunks, black pepper powder, lemon juice, salt, black sesame seeds, and toss everything well. Garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve it.
- Use fresh watermelon for preparing any salad. Never use frozen watermelon for preparing any salad.
- For cucumber, you need to remove the white liquid by rubbing the tips with a slice of cucumber. This will remove the bitterness if there are any.
- You can roast black sesame seeds before adding them to the salad for a nice crunch.
For Salad Dressing, you can add balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and garlic dressing, or simple lime honey dressing.
- This recipe is totally flexible and versatile. You can customize as per your liking.