Mango Turmeric Smoothie is a delicious morning elixir packed with nutrients. Turmeric is known to have many health benefits and is also rich in antioxidants and inflammation-fighting superfoods. Moreover, if you have never tried adding turmeric to your smoothie, you are really missing out on a good thing.
Adding turmeric powder to smoothies has many medicinal properties. It gives a nice earthy taste and also adds depth to your smoothie. This bright orangish-yellow color of Mango Turmeric Ginger Smoothie has a sweet, savory, and spicy flavor. Carrots used in this recipe also adds a valuable source of beta carotene. Mango Turmeric Smoothie also claims to be a great recipe with overall skin and health benefits.
In this recipe, we are combining, mango juice, carrot, ginger, turmeric powder, and blend with cold milk to bring a thick, smooth, and creamy texture to the smoothie.
I personally love adding smoothies to my diet and include them as my breakfast options. It also acts as a perfect post-workout snack that is done in a flat of 5 minutes. It is the simplest way to add nutrition to your diet.
Also, try out these Smoothie Recipes that are so worth it:
Mango Spinach Smoothie
Chocolate Brownie Smoothie
Strawberry and Dragon Fruit Smoothie
Dragon Fruit Smoothie
Dragon Fruit and Pomegranate Smoothie
Pina Colada Smoothie
Green Dream Smoothie
Benefits of Turmeric:
- It is the most common spice used in Indian cuisine that is rich in antioxidants.
- Is an inflammation-fighting superfood.
- It works very well for colds and coughs. Mixing 1 tsp of turmeric with honey acts best for quick relief from cough.
- It helps in building the immunity capacity of the body
- Turmeric powder also helps lower your risk of heart problems
- It also helps to prevent cancer
- Also helps to fight depression.
While turmeric has a super long list of health benefits and medicinal properties, I mostly love adding it to smoothies because of the way it adds depth with its savory-spiced flavor and brightens up my drink with its pretty orange-yellow color.
1. Can we add turmeric to smoothies?
2. Which fruits go well with turmeric?
3. How to make this smoothie protein-rich?
4. Can we add Oats to this Mango Turmeric Smoothie Recipe?
5. How to make this Mango Turmeric Ginger Smoothie Vegan?
To make this Vega, simply omit the milk in this recipe. You could add Coconut milk to this recipe as well, as it will taste good and five nice tropical vibes.
6. Can we Store this Smoothie in the freezer?
No, I would not recommend storing this smoothie for further use. It is best when consumed fresh as the taste, flavors will change.
Ingredients used :
Mango Juice: Use Alphonse to prepare this smoothie.
Milk: Use any cold milk for this recipe.
Turmeric Powder: Use fresh and organic turmeric powder for its maximum health benefits
Ginger: Half an inch of the ginger piece will work perfectly here.
Carrots: Use fresh carrot, peel, and make into small chunks.
Ice Cubes: If you want to want to make the drink cold, add 2-3 ice cubes, you can avoid it also.
Garnish with fresh mint leaves for a refreshing taste.
Step-by-Step Recipe of Mango Turmeric Smoothie
1. Firstly, take a fresh Alphonso, peel, and cut them into chunks. For making juice blend all the mango pieces into a blender and keep them aside.
2. Peel and cut carrots into small chunks and start by preparing the smoothie.
3. Add mango juice, carrot chunks, turmeric powder, and ginger into the blender.
4. Blend everything into the blender till it is well combined and lump-free.
5. Serve this Mango Turmeric Smoothie immediately after preparing it.
- You can even grate carrots instead of making them into chunks and mix in the smoothie.
- For extra sweetness you can add honey, however, there is enough sweetness from mangoes and carrots. So I have not added any sweetener.
- For making it Vegan, use coconut milk instead of regular milk.
Mango Turmeric Smoothie
- 1 cup Mango juice
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- ½ inch ginger
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 3-4 ice cubes
- 3-4 Mint leaves to garnish
- Firstly, take a fresh Alphonso, peel, and cut them into chunks. For making juice blend all the mango pieces into a blender and keep them aside.
- Peel and cut carrots into small chunks and start by preparing the smoothie.
- Add mango juice, carrot chunks, turmeric powder, and ginger into the blender.
- Blend everything into the blender till it is well combined and lump-free.
- Serve this Mango Turmeric Smoothie immediately after preparing it.