Beetroot Raita is such refreshing, healthy, and soothing raita. This beautiful and vibrant colored raita pairs well with spicy Indian meals. Beetroot Raita will cool your palate after indulging in spicy Indian meals. It is so easy to make at home, for that refer step-by-step pictures with the recipe below.
Beetroot Raita pairs well with rice dishes like pulao and biryanis and also stuffed parathas.
Benefits of Beetroot
- Beetroots are high in Vitamin C, so it’s good for the skin.
- They improve blood flow in our body.
- It is also a great source of fiber.
Step-by-Step Recipe of Beetroot Raita
This recipe will serve for 2
1 cup yogurt/curd
1/2 cup grated beetroot
1 tsp cumin/jeera powder
1 finely chopped green chili
2 tsp finely chopped coriander leaves/cilantro
1 tsp sugar (optional)
1. Firstly, grate the beetroot, chop the green chili, and coriander leaves. Assemble and keep all the ingredients required for raita.
2. Now add sugar, salt, and cumin powder in the yogurt and whisk it well till there are no lumps.
3. Finally, add all the other ingredients and mix it well and serve.
- Always use fresh and chilled yogurt for beetroot raita.
- Preferably boil beetroot and grate it. However, you can also use raw beetroot for this raita.
- You can add Kashmiri red chili powder instead of green chilies.
- Serve this raita chilled, so prepare it in advance and refrigerate it for at least 30-40 minutes.
Storage instructions for raita
Raita is best consumed when fresh. However, you can store this beetroot raita in the refrigerator for 24 hours. I will not recommend freezing this raita as yogurt will separate when defrost.
- 1 cup yogurt/curd
- 1/2 cup grated beetroot
- 1 tsp cumin/jeera powder
- 1 finely chopped green chili
- 2 tsp finely chopped coriander leaves/cilantro
- 1 tsp sugar optional
- Firstly, grate the beetroot, chop the green chili, and coriander leaves. Assemble and keep all the ingredients required for raita.
- Now add sugar, salt, and cumin powder in the yogurt and whisk it well till there are no lumps.
- Finally, add all the other ingredients and mix it well and serve.