Cucumber Raita | Vrat Wala Cucumber Raita | Kheere ka Raita with step-by-step pictures and detailed recipe. Cucumber Raita is cool and soothing raita perfect as a dip, snack, or accompaniment. It requires very few ingredients to make this raita. mainly you will need is cucumber, yogurt, cumin powder, green chilies, and salt.
Cucumber Raita pairs very well with Vrat wale Aloo Peanut ki sabzi and Amaranth and Buckwheat flour poori. This Raita also adds as a great accompaniment with Sabudana Khichdi and Samo Upma. This is one of my favorite raita as it also has cooling properties and in summer it simply hydrates you. I enjoy snacking on this raita when I am not in a mood to eat a lot.
When it comes to raita I really enjoy eating them with Beetroot Rice and Paner Mutter Pulav. Serve this raita with spicy curries like Paneer Tawa Masala and Baby Potatoes in Kolhapuri Gravy to balance the spiciness
Step-by-Step Recipe of Cucumber Raita
This recipe will serve 3
1 cup yogurt/curd
2 cucumber medium-sized peeled
1 green chili finely chopped
1 tsp cumin/jeera powder
a handful of coriander leaves finely chopped
1 tsp red chili powder
salt as per taste
1 tsp sugar (optional)
1. Firstly keep all the ingredients ready on a plate and keep it ready.
2. Now grate the cucumber and keep it aside.
3. Add salt, cumin. jeera powder and sugar if using in the yogurt and whisk it till there are no lumps.
4. Now add grated cucumber, green chilies, mix it well and sprinkle red chili powder, coriander leaves and serve it chilled.
Serve this Cucumber Raita chilled and relish it.
Important points and Tips
- Always use chilled yogurt for any kind of raita.
- If the curd is not cold, refrigerate cucumber raita for at least 30 minutes before serving it.
- After grating cucumber, always squeeze out the extra water.
- Alternatively, you can even add a finely chopped cucumber.
- You can add black salt or chaat masala as well in this recipe.
- This cucumber raita can also be served during Vrat or Fasting.
- Consume it fresh, also you can not store this raita.
- 1 cup yogurt/curd
- 2 cucumber medium-sized peeled
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin/jeera powder
- a handful of coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- salt as per taste
- 1 tsp sugar optional
- Firstly keep all the ingredients ready on a plate and keep it ready.
- Now grate the cucumber and keep it aside.
- Add salt, cumin. jeera powder and sugar if using in the yogurt and whisk it till there are no lumps.
- Now add grated cucumber, green chilies, mix it well and sprinkle red chili powder, coriander leaves and serve it chilled.