Masala Chaas / Masala buttermilk is a cool spicy yogurt drink. This buttermilk is an ideal summer drink that refreshes you. You can make this in advance before your mealtime and refrigerate it. Moreover, drinking buttermilk on a regular basis is far more advisable then sipping on high calories soda drinks.
How to make Masala Buttermilk at home
Masala Buttermilk is very easy to prepare at home. With the help of just a few main ingredients like yogurt, chili coriander leaves, and cumin/jeera powder it can be easily made.
You can also try Mint Buttermilk and Spicy Guava Drink which are my favorite summer drin ks.
Benefits of Masala Chaas
- Firstly, it aids in digestion.
- Secondly, it helps in settling the acidity after a heavy Indian spicy meal.
- Moreover, also helps in hydrating your body, especially during summer.
Step-by-Step Recipe of Masala Chaas
This recipe will yield 2 glasses
1 cup fresh yogurt / Curd
2 cups of cold water
1 piece green chili
1 tsp chaat masala
2 tsp cumin powder/jeera powder
a handful of chopped coriander leaves/cilantro
Salt as per taste2-3 ice cubes (optional)
Fresh mint leaves and coriander for garnish
2. Now pour this masala Chaas into serving glasses, garnish with fresh coriander mint leaves, sprinkle a dash of cumin powder, and serve it chilled.
Buttermilk is a very nutritious drink with less fat content. It is also advised by dieticians to those who are on a weight loss program. Buttermilk is also a good source of calcium and keeps you hydrated. Consume 1 glass of buttermilk daily preferably with your lunch. However, avoid drinking it at night if you are prone to cold and cough.
Masala Chaas / Masala Buttermilk
- This recipe will yield 2 glasses
- 1 cup fresh yogurt / Curd
- 2 cups of cold water
- 1 piece green chili
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 2 tsp cumin powder/jeera powder
- a handful of chopped coriander leaves/cilantro
- Salt as per taste2-3 ice cubes optional
- Fresh mint leaves and coriander for garnish
- Add all the above ingredients into a blender and blend it till smooth and frothy.
- Now pour this masala Chaas into serving glasses, garnish with fresh coriander mint leaves, sprinkle a dash of cumin powder, and serve it chilled.