Ice tea is my way to chill out on a hot and sultry day. It’s refreshing and low in calories as there is no sugar added. It is sweetened with honey which will give you a trace of antioxidants. Make it ahead of time and enjoy it as and when you want to sip it. It’s actually quick and convenient to make it at home. I wanted to try this version with GREEN TEA. Yes…its iced green tea with fresh orange squeezed and a dash of lime with the goodness of honey and freshness of mint. That’s something I call health and refreshment in a glass. It is full of anti-oxidants and a healthy option to our regular iced tea
Recipe of Orange Iced Tea
- 1- liter water
- 3 tea bags of green tea
- 2 big size oranges
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 lime
- 8-10 sprigs of fresh mint leaves
- Ice cubes
- Boil water in a bowl for 10 minutes.
- Switch off the gas and add the green tea sachets and cover it with a lid.
- Brew the green tea for not more than 5 minutes and then discard the sachets.
- Let the tea cool completely and then pour the tea in the glass pitcher.
- Now squeeze 1 big orange and lime juice in that and stir it.
- Add honey and mint leaves in the tea.
- Finally, put some slices of 1 fresh orange in that and let it infuse its flavor.
- Top it up with ice-cubes as many you want.
- Keep it in the fridge and have it chilled.