Almond and Saffron Milk is also known as Kesar Badam Milk or Kesar Badam Doodh is a very healthy and nutritious drink. Kesar Badam Doodh is an ancient drink that has been consumed in Indian homes for ages on a regular basis. With so many health benefits and a delicious taste, it is loved by everyone.
Kesar Badam Milk tastes very soothing when consumed boiling hot. It can be a great start to your day with this hot milk. It has the goodness of almonds and the richness of saffron in it. This milk will also give you instant energy if you kick start your day with it.
Also, try this rich and luscious Kesar Badam Kadai milk.
However, you can also relish it cold as it will refresh your mind especially when served chilled during summer. Including this milk in our diet is the key to avail of all the benefits of almonds and saffron.
Benefits of Almond/ Badam Milk
1. Badam/Almond milk is known for its many benefits for ages. it is very beneficial for growing kids since this milk builds up their immunity, makes bones stronger, and gives them enough nutrition and energy to perform their daily activities.
2. Almonds are always associated with good memory. Mainly it helps in increasing memory. So have almonds either in the form of milk or soak almonds and eat them. It will surely help for a good memory.
3. Drinking Kesar Badam milk just before bed will give promote sound sleep and when you have good sleep, the next day will be much more functional.
4. Almond milk is high in protein, calcium so it is good for overall growth.
5..Almond milk is also good for pregnant women who are lactating.
6. This is perfect milk to sip during winters as it will keep the body warm.
To sum it up Having this Badam Kesar milk on a regular basis will improve your overall health and will make you strong.
Can We use the readymade Almond milk powder?
Well, it is always advisable to use homemade almond and dry fruits powder when you are preparing Almond and Saffron Milk. Most of the readymade powders are high in sugar, artificial color, and additives. It will surely taste good, but considering the healthy factor, especially when you want to feed them to your kids, make it fresh at home.
2. Can we make this Vegan?
Yes, you need to omit the milk part in this recipe and prepare it with almond milk and use other dry fruits also.
3. Is it good to drink Almond milk at night?
Research says that Almonds are a rich source of magnesium, It is basically a mineral that promotes sound sleep. If magnesium levels drop in your body you may have trouble sleeping well at night. So Drinking almond milk before going to bed will fight Insomnia.
Benefits Of Saffron / Kesar
1. Saffron is warm in nature, so it helps to keep cold and cough away.
2. It is a powerful antioxidant agent.
3. Kesar is known to have treated depression, and also improve mood, hence you will have fewer mood swings.
4. Saffron also gives relief from menstrual cramps and pain. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it helps to get rid of the pain.
5. It also acts as an Aphrodisiac.
6. If you are deprived of good sleep, then drink saffron milk will surely do wonders. Because of its anti-oxidants properties, it helps to treat insomnia.
7. It is also good for the heart and helps in reducing cholesterol levels.
8.Kesar milk also helps to treat asthma and allergies.
1. Can we drink saffron milk daily?
Yes, you can, saffron has many healing properties and has antioxidant properties. It helps to keep the body warm and hence protects from cold and cough. IF you drink Kesar badam milk daily it will keep all the infections away from your body.
2. Is Kesar milk good for memory?
Yes, drinking Kesar milk will help to improve memory and you can give this milk to kids also as it is meant to be a memory-booster.
Recipe of Almond and Saffron Milk | Badam Milk
1-liter Full-fat milk
15-20 Almonds soaked in water
10-15 Saffron strands
1 tsp poppy seeds
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tsp Cardamom powder
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1/2 tsp dry ginger powder
Step-by-Step Recipe of Almond Saffron Milk:
HOW TO MAKE ALMOND PASTE:
1. Soak 15-20 almonds in warm water for 1/2 hour. Also, soak Poppy seeds in water for 1/2 hour.
2. Peel the skin of the almond and puree almonds and poppy seeds in a blender till it forms a smooth paste.
3. Soak saffron strands in hot milk for 30 minutes.
HOW TO BOIL MILK:
1. Boil 1-liter full-fat milk in a heavy bottom pan. Add sugar, cardamom powder, pepper powder, dry ginger powder to the boiling milk, and boil the milk for 10 minutes.
2. Once it comes to a boil, add the almond paste and saffron strands.
3. Let the milk boil for 10-15 minutes on a medium flame stirring it in between till the milk reduces in quantity.
5. Switch off the flame and let the milk cool down.
HOW TO SERVE :
1. Serve this Almond Saffron milk either hot or once it comes down to room temperature chill it in the refrigerator for 2 hours and serve it chilled.
2. Garnish with Almond flakes and I personally like it cold.
Recipe of Almond and Saffron Milk
- 1- liter Full-fat milk
- 15-20 Almonds soaked in water
- 10-15 Saffron strands
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- ½ tsp Black pepper powder
- ½ tsp Dry Ginger powder
HOW TO MAKE ALMOND PASTE:
- Soak 15-20 almonds in warm water for 1/2 hour. Also, soak Poppy seeds in water for 1/2 hour.
- Peel the skin of the almond and puree it in a blender till it forms a smooth paste.
- Soak saffron strands in hot milk for 30 minutes.
HOW TO BOIL MILK:
- HOW TO BOIL MILK:-1. Boil 1-liter full-fat milk in a heavy bottom pan. Add sugar, cardamom powder, pepper powder, dry ginger powder to the boiling milk, and boil the milk for 10 minutes.
- Once it comes to a boil, add the almond paste and saffron strands.
- Let the milk boil for 10-15 minutes on a medium flame stirring it in between till the milk reduces in quantity.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder in the boiling milk and boil it for another 5 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and let the milk cool down.
HOW TO SERVE:
- Serve this Almond Saffron milk or Kesar Badam Doodh either hot or once it comes down to room temperature chill it the refrigerator for 2 hours and serve it chilled.
- Garnish with Almond flakes and I personally like it cold.
Serve Kesar Badam Milk very chilled on a hot summer day or serve it warm on cold winter mornings. The benefits are many and it is also a soulful drink. Prepare this on a weekly basis at least to gain the benefits of almonds and saffron. This drink will be liked by elders as well as kids, try it out soon as it will surely bring a smile to the faces of our loved ones.