This Banoffee pie is such an interesting and tasty dessert that can be made all year round. It is made with fresh bananas, a toffee filling, and a crumbly biscuit base. Its an English dessert pie that is enjoyed and loved at my place. I have tried this for the first time and it came out to be delicious. I am still going to try but with different variations. Meanwhile, enjoy the simple recipe of Banoffee Pie. It is a favourite British Dessert amongst many.
Recipe of Banoffee Pie | British Dessert
1 Small pack Digestive biscuits
125g butter, melted
1 Small cup grated chocolates
1 cup double cream
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup brown sugar
Recipe of Banoffee Pie
- 1 Small pack Digestive biscuits
- 125 g butter melted
- 2 bananas
- 1 Small cup grated chocolates
- 1 cup double cream
- CARAMEL FILLING
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 50 g butter
- Chocolate sauce
- Step 1
- Place the biscuits in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely crushed. Add the butter and process until well combined. Divide the biscuit mixture among six-round 8cm (base measurement) fluted tart tins with removable bases. Use the back of a metal spoon to firmly press the biscuit mixture over the base and side of each tin. Place in the fridge until required.
- Step 2
- To make the caramel filling, place condensed milk, sugar, and butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, for 10-12 minutes or until caramel thickens (do not boil).
- Step 3
- Pour the hot caramel evenly among biscuit bases. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 3 hours to chill.
- Step 4
- Peel and thinly slice bananas, and arrange over the caramel filling. Top pies with a dollop of cream, grated chocolates, and chocolate Sauce.