Peanut Sundal | Groundnut Sundal Recipe | with step-by-step pictures and detailed recipe.
Peanut Sundal is a South Indian Snack Recipe that is made with boiled peanuts and flavored with subtle spices and grated coconut.
It is a very simple recipe that is easy to prepare at home and it tastes delicious too. This is mainly served during Navratri as prasad and naivedya. You can either serve this as an evening snack or as a side dish with rice and sambhar.
Peanut Sundal | Groundnut Sundal Recipe | with step-by-step pictures and detailed recipe.Peanut Sundal is a South Indian Snack Recipe
Step-By-Step Recipe of Peanut Sundal
1. Firstly, wash raw peanuts in water 2-3 times and soak it in water for 10 minutes. Boil the peanuts in pressure pan till 3-4 whistles. Allow the pressure to release and open the lid. Drain the peanuts in a colander and keep it aside.
2. Now heat oil in a Kadai and add urad dal and mustard seeds in it.
3. Once they start to crackle and turn brown in color add curry leaves and let it crackle for a few seconds.
4. Now add boiled peanuts in the pan and fry quickly for a few minutes.
5. Add jaggery piece, tamarind extract, salt, and green chilies in the pan, stir and mix it well.
6. Finally, switch off the flame and add freshly grated coconut, mix it, and serve.
Finally, do check out other Sundal Recipes
Hetal Kamdar is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.